jeudi 7 juillet 2011

Leonardo says PSG talks will take time

MILAN (AFP) - Leonardo confirmed on Thursday that he is in talks to become the new sporting director of Paris Saint-Germain but said he did not know how
 long the negotiations would take.
During a press conference at San Siro here, the Brazilian said he opened talks "four days ago" with representatives from Qatar Sports Investments (QSI), who recently acquired a controlling 70 percent stake in the club.
"In France, they say: 'Leonardo's coming, he's not coming…' But I've spoken to the (PSG) directors and there are so many things to see and discuss that I don't know how long it will take."
Leonardo, who played for PSG in the 1996-97 season, was officially released from his contract as Inter Milan coach last week.
"(Inter president Massimo) Moratti has treated me like a son," added Leonardo.
"An opportunity arose and I was saying, 'I can't leave Inter,' and half an hour later I told Moratti. He saw me as a son and spoke to me as a son. He knows me and he knows what I want."
PSG's new owners have previously confirmed that president Robin Leproux and first-team coach Antoine Kombouare will not be leaving the club this summer.
Reports in the French media in recent weeks claimed that Leonardo was poised to return to PSG as a sporting director chiefly responsible for player recruitment.
However, the former Brazil international's comments on Thursday suggested the deal may not be a foregone conclusion.
"I have very little to say on PSG," he said. "I left Paris 14 years ago. I have a life in Milan.
"I was very happy at PSG but the truth is that there's not much to say about PSG. I don't know what's happening at the club. I know they want to buy (new players), I don't know the players…
"I only met the new owners two days ago."
Despite fans' hopes for a summer splurge, PSG have made just two signings so far in the European summer transfer window, acquiring goalkeeper Nicolas Douchez from Rennes and France striker Kevin Gameiro from Lorient.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire