vendredi 29 avril 2011

UEFA row stiffens Mourinho resolve to stay at Real

Jose Mourinho is more determined than ever to continue as Real Madrid coach despite his side's 2-0 defeat by Barcelona and the disciplinary case he faces for his post
-match comments, the Portuguese said on Friday.
"I have more desire to continue as coach of Real Madrid," Mourinho told a news conference ahead of the club's La Liga match at home to Real Zaragoza on Saturday.
"The (Real) shirt is white and white has meaning," the 48-year-old former Chelsea and Inter Milan manager added. "I am in very good shape. My health is perfect and I am working as always."
Mourinho reacted to the dismissal of Pepe in Wednesday's Champions League semi-final first leg against their arch-rivals by implying that UEFA and their referees favoured Barcelona.
Mourinho said on Friday he did not want to add to his comments at Wednesday's post-match news conference, which prompted UEFA to open disciplinary proceedings against him.
"I don't want to speak about the issue for a simple reason: a picture is worth more than words," he said, referring to the thousands of published images of Pepe's challenge on Daniel Alves that resulted in his sending-off.
"I have nothing else to say. I have said what I wanted," Mourinho added.
"Whoever criticises my words criticises the pictures and must think the photos are photoshopped and the videos are altered. I have absolutely nothing else left to say."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire