vendredi 1 juillet 2011

Rugby-Waratahs sign scrumhalf Pretorius from Cheetahs

SYDNEY, July 1 (Reuters) - The New South Wales Waratahs have bolstered their side for next season's Super rugby campaign with the signing of Cheetahs scrumhalf Sarel Pretorius.
Pretorius has just come off a career-best season, finishing as the joint top tryscorer in the 2011 Super rugby competition on nine with Bjorn Basson of the Bulls.

Pretorius had signed as the team's senior foreign player on a two-year deal, the Waratahs said in a statement on Friday.
"This is an exciting opportunity which was just too good to refuse," said the 28-year-old South African, who had been linked with teams in Australia, New Zealand and France.
"The Waratahs clearly have a culture of high performance and I'm looking forward to being a part of that."
Pretorius, who made his Super debut in 2009, was happy with his performance this season but said there was more to come.
"I had my best Super rugby season so far this year but I'd like to think that I am still improving," added Pretorius, who made his Super debut against Western Force in 2009.
"I'm looking forward to developing my game further in Sydney. It's going to be exciting to be playing alongside players such as Berrick Barnes, Drew Mitchell and Adam Ashley-Cooper as well as all the other Wallabies in the squad.
"I know it's a few months away yet, but I can't wait to get to Sydney."
The Waratahs missed out on a semi-final place this season after being beaten by the Blues in Auckland, while the Cheetahs finished 11th of the 15 teams.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire