samedi 9 juillet 2011

Golf-Miyazato grabs halfway lead at storm-hit U.S. Women’s Open

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado, July 8 (Reuters) - Japan’s Mika Miyazato completed a second round four-under-par 67 on Saturday to grab the halfway lead at the thunderstorm-delayed U.S. Women’s Open.
Miyazato’s 36-hole total of five-under 137 left her one stroke
 clear her of nearest rival, fellow Japanese professional Ai Miyazato, who fired a 68 on the East Course at The Broadmoor.
Despite sharing the same name and coming from the same Japanese Prefecture of Okinawa, the pair are unrelated, but are close friends. Ai is a former world number one with 22 professional wins to her credit while Ai has won just once, on the Japan Tour.
“Everybody thinks we’re sisters,” Mika said.
“That way everyone remembers me because Ai plays so great, so that’s good for me.”
South Korea’s Kim In-kyung, who led overnight when play was suspended by darkness, slipped back to outright third at three-under after a 69.
“I’m very excited,” said Kim, who tied for third in 2008 and 2009 and finished fourth last year.
“I’ve been close a couple of times the last few years and I think I’ve learned a lot from it.”
Stacy Lewis, the winner of the first major of the season at the Kraft Nabisco, was tied for fourth with fellow American Ryann O’Toole at one-under after she had led by three but finished poorly.
“I’m pretty disappointed with the way I played the last five or six holes,” Lewis said.
“It was playing hard and I just didn’t hit any fairways. But my caddy told me ‘you’re in it, we still got two more days, two more rounds and you’re still right there.’”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire