lundi 23 mai 2011

Mazzarri to speak to Napoli about future

ROME (AFP) - Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri says he will now talk to the club about his future following his side's impressive third place finish in Italy's Serie A.
Mazzarri made it clear over the last couple of months there was no guarantee he would stay with the club despite them having qualified for the Champions League for
 the first time in 21 years.
It is believed in some quarters the 49-year-old simply wants an improved contract while his own president, Aurelio De Laurentiis, accused him of being more interested in his own career than the club.
But now Mazzarri is ready to talk.
"Each side must play his game but I should be appreciated, even if some people think I've messed up," he said.
"Thank God I have players who listen to me and I'm serious in my dealings with the club for which I work.
"I can look everyone in the eye.
"Before I talk to the press I must do so with the club about future plans and everything I've got in my head.
"Then if something doesn't work I'll speak."
Mazzarri has spent two years at Napoli, qualifying them for the Europa League last season and Champions League this time around.
Before that he spent two years at Sampdoria where he also impressed by guiding them into Europe and the Italian Cup final.
However, it was his three seasons at Reggina, defying the drop to Serie B, that first brought him to public attention.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire