mardi 10 mai 2011

Back quits as Leeds coach after last-place finish

LONDON, May 10 (Reuters) - Former World Cup-winning flanker Neil Back resigned as coach of Leeds on Tuesday after the club finished bottom of the English Premiership.

Back joined Leeds in 2008 and helped them to promotion in his first season. They survived in the top flight last year but finished last this season after managing only four wins in 22 games.
In normal circumstances that would ensure automatic relegation but if Cornish Pirates beat Worcester in the two-legged Championship final on May 11 and 18 Leeds will stay up as Pirates' ground does not meet Premiership entry criteria.
"The experiences over the last three years have been incredible in terms of my personal and coaching development," Back said in a statement.
"I am very passionate about what I do and I have thrived on the challenge over the past three years, however taking all things into account, I feel I have taken Leeds as far as I can."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire