samedi 23 avril 2011

Raul: I will honour Schalke contract

Schalke striker Raul insists he will stay at the club until his contract runs out in June 2012, even if Ralf Rangnick's side fail to qualify for next season's Champions League. Raul, 33, joined Schalke from Real Madrid last summer - ending an 18-year association with the club that had seen him earn legendary status among Los Blancos fans.

He initially took time to settle into the Bundesliga but has managed to score 12 league goals this season and has netted five times in the Champions League, to help fire Schalke to a semi-final against Manchester United.
A disastrous league campaign has seen Schalke fail to challenge for the Bundelsiga title and they are currently 10th in the table - almost certain to miss out on European football altogether.
Their only way back into the Champions League will be by winning it, but even if they fall to Manchester United or to Barca or Real Madrid in the final, Raul says he has no intention of leaving the Royal Blues.
"Next year we might not be in the Champions League but I won't leave," Raul said. "Before joining Schalke there was a chance to join other teams but this was what I needed - to play regularly, to battle a little longer.
"I feel good physically, good mentally, and I hope to continue for at least another year. If I feel like it, if it attracts me, I would love to carry on beyond that.''

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire