samedi 19 mai 2012

De Guzman keen on Villarreal escape after relegation

Canadian midfielder Jonathan De Guzman has admitted he is looking for a way out of relegated Villarreal, with his sights set on a possible comeback to the Eredivisie.

The former Netherlands U21 international - who was
born in Canada - joined the Yellow Submarine in 2011 from Mallorca with high hopes, but the club that played Champions' League football unexpectedly encountered relegation to the Segunda Division this season, prompting most of its talents to seek an exit.

"Playing in the Segunda Division is not an option for me. This I think is true for most of my teammates who played Champions League football. Relegation is the last thing I expected when I signed from Mallorca," De Guzman told Voetbal International.

The midfielder moved to Europe in 1999 as a 12-year-old to play for Feyenoord and is reported to be monitored by Twente.

"I read about the Twente rumors on the internet but neither me nor my agent are in talks with them. We will wait and see, but what is sure is that a return to the Netherlands is only possible insofar as a club guarantees me regular playing time and an important role," De Guzman concluded.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire