dimanche 3 juillet 2011

Reyes injures hamstring in Mets loss

NEW YORK, July 2 (Reuters) - New York Mets shortstop Jose Reyes(notes) was forced to abandon Saturday’s 5-2 defeat against the New York Yankees with a hamstring injury.
Reyes suffered the problem in the first inning while running out an infield hit but delayed leaving the game until the third inning.

Reyes will have a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan on Sunday to determine the severity of the injury.
“After I felt that, I didn’t want to put extra pressure there,” Reyes told reporters. “I felt if I put something extra there, my hamstring was going to blow up.”
Reyes (.354) currently owns the best batting average in the Major Leagues.
“I’m concerned about it, obviously,” Mets Manager Terry Collins said. “You sensed it not only in the dugout, you sensed it in the stands. The air came out of the bubble.”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire