jeudi 28 juillet 2011

Bullish Bolt seeks first Stockholm win

STOCKHOLM, July 28 (Reuters) - Jamaica's Usain Bolt will be
doing his all to make it third time lucky when he races the 200
metres at the Diamond League meet in Stockholm on Friday having
lost on his previous two outings in the Swedish capital. 

A bullish Bolt spoke at a news conference in Stockholm on
Thursday and said he has high hopes for a first victory on
Swedish soil, as well as for the World Championships in Daegu,
South Korea in August but was not concerning himself with
records 

"Everyone knows by now I'm all about the gold medals," said
Bolt, who won the 100m, 200m and 4x100 at the 2008 Beijing
Olympics and the Berlin world championships the following year.
"For me I'm going there to defend my titles, and that's the only
aim. I want to be a legend in this sport, and if I want to do
that I have to defend my titles successfully." 

Bolt feels that his training regime is paying off, having
concentrated on strengthening his back and leg muscles during
the season and doing less upper-body work, as well as analyzing
his running carefully.  

"I need to work a little more on my start but technical-wise
I'm getting there," he said. 

Asked why he had never won in Stockholm, Bolt put it down to
panic brought on by bad starts. 

"When I get a bad start I tend to pop up early in my drive
phase, which for me is 30 to 35 metres. My shoulders come up and
it doesn't help at all, because then you get no drive from your
hips". 

The Jamaican world record holder feels he is peaking at the
right time of the season, and that he will finally break his
Swedish duck a little after 2145 Friday local time. 

"I'm feeling great, my technique over 200m is always the
best, so we can look forward to something good," said Bolt,
whose previous Stockholm defeats by compatriot Asafa Powell and
American Tyson Gay came over 100m, where he also holds the world
record. 

"I went to the stadium yesterday, the curve felt a little
bit tight, but I can handle it.    I'm looking for a good time.
As long as I execute and run correctly, a fast time should
come." 

Among the other highlights at the Diamond League meet is
Carmelita Jeter's return to 
her favourite 100m event. "After six 200m races back to back,
it'll be nice to get back to 
my 'baby'," said the American whose 10.64 in 2009 made her the
second-fastest woman ever over the distance. 

"This year I have actually been able to start a lot better,
if you have noticed that 
in my races. Usually I always had to come from behind to win a
race or even get in 
race," Jeter told Reuters in a TV interview. 

"But lately we have been working on my start, working on my
strength and we have 
been doing a lot of longer runs since I am running the 200 now." 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire