lundi 4 juillet 2011

Bremen's bad boy Arnautovic pledges to behave

BERLIN (AFP) - Werder Bremen's bad-boy Austria striker Marko Arnautovic has promised to improve his behaviour both on and off the pitch after his controversial first season in Germany.

The 22-year-old signed for Bremen from Dutch side FC Twente last summer for 6.2 million euros (90m US dollars), scoring just three goals in 25 league games last season as Bremen struggled in the league, finishing 13th of 18 teams.
He was repeatedly reprimanded by Bremen's management for his behaviour and his worst transgression was a nightclub brawl which led to him being suspended by coach Thomas Schaaf.
Austria's coach Dietmar Constantini also left him out of the national side.
"Much was written about me last season. I provided the stories. That was clearly my fault and I want to change my behaviour," Arnautovic told German magazine Kicker.
The Austrian says he wants to turn over a new leaf when the new Bundesliga season starts as Werder host Kaiserslautern on August 6.
"Now we have a new season, I feel the trust of the club, the trainer and manager and want a new start," he said.
"A year ago I said that we would be champions, I'll hold myself back this time."
But Arnautovic ruled out a repeat of last year's poor form which saw Bremen flirt with relegation.
"We have too much quality for that," he said.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire