mardi 28 juin 2011

Scan reveals no serious injury for Nadal

LONDON, June 28 (Reuters) - A scan on Rafa Nadal’s injured left foot has shown no major damage and the holder and number one seed should be fit to play Mardy Fish in the quarter-finals on Wednesday, Nadal said in a statement on Tuesday.

The Spaniard suffered the injury towards the end of the first set of Monday’s four-set victory over Juan Martin Del Potro and needed almost 10 minutes of courtside treatment from a physio and doctor.
“I thought I’d have to retire,” Nadal said after the match. “I felt something very strange. I felt that I had broken my foot, I felt terrible. I am worried for sure. I will have the scan and then let’s see if I can recover for Wednesday.”
After having the foot strapped he was able to play the rest of the match, though he said he was suffering some pain whenever he hit a forehand.
He underwent an MRI scan on Tuesday morning and will practise in the afternoon.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire