mardi 28 juin 2011

Adriaanse takes Twente helm

FC Twente have appointed former Porto and Ajax boss Co Adriaanse as their new manager after the departure of Michel Preud'homme.

The Eredivisie side revealed the well-travelled 63-year-old would take the reins on Monday, replacing Preud'homme after he left for Saudi Premier League outfit Al-Shabab Riyadh on June 13.
Adriaanse, who has been without a job since stepping down as coach of Qatar's Olympic team in March, said he was glad to return to the Netherlands after six years abroad.
"When Twente approached me, I was immediately very interested. I have worked abroad for six years but as a coach I still am a typical product of the Dutch school," he said.
"In the Netherlands we try to play attractive and attacking football - abroad they often think different so I was eager to return home."
"At Twente I will have a squad with lots of possibilities who have already won trophies. The club also has a good organisational structure, so I'm glad Twente have given me the opportunity to work here."
The former Utrecht defender has spent time at Red Bull Salzburg, Al-Sadd, Metalurh Donetsk and Porto since spells at Ajax (2000-01) and AZ Alkmaar (2002-05).
Twente finished two points adrift of champions Ajax last season, meaning they will compete in the UEFA Champions League this campaign.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire