dimanche 8 mai 2011

Murray upbeat in Rome despite elbow worry

ROME, May 8 (Reuters)- World number four Andy Murray is still struggling with an elbow problem as he looks to continue his French Open preparations with a strong showing at next week's Rome Masters.
The Briton, who reached the Monte Carlo final last month to end a barren run of form, has been troubled by his elbow in recent weeks and said he is still not 100 percent fit.

"I'm still having trouble with my elbow," the 23-year old told reporters after arriving in the Italian capital on Sunday.
"But I did weights for the first time in three weeks yesterday, which is a long time for me not to do upper body weights. It might be a few more days before I'm fully back at 100 percent though."
Murray bowed out to Thomaz Bellucci in the third round of the Madrid Masters this week but believes he is capable of contending for titles again after a bad dip since losing to Novak Djokovic in January's Australian Open final.
"My aim here is to win the tournament," he said.
"Last week could have been better, but I feel good, better than I did in Madrid. I've been hitting the ball well in practice and I like the surface here."
Fourth seed Murray will face either Belgian Xavier Malisse or Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez in his first match on Tuesday with a potential semi-final clash against Djokovic who crushed Rafael Nadal to win in Madrid on Sunday.
Still without a fulltime coach, Murray said he is content with his current set-up after parting company with Alex Corretja.
"At Monte Carlo, I played some of the best tennis I've ever played on clay," said Murray, who is now training under the watch of former Australian player Darren Cahill.
"He (Cahill) has been around the tour for a long time and coached many different players. He's very relaxed, didn't say too much at the start, but once he gets to know me, we will be working even better."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire