lundi 23 mai 2011

Montolivo places himself in shop window

ROME (AFP) - Fiorentina captain Riccardo Montolivo said on Monday he will not sign a new contract with the club.

The Italy midfielder has one year left to run on his current deal and if La Viola don't sell him this summer, he will be able to leave on a free transfer in 12 months.
"I've decided not to extend my relationship with Fiorentina and I'll put myself completely at the club's service to find the right solution," he told Ansa.
"I don't have a commitment to another club, for me Fiorentina has always been the priority.
"I love this shirt but the doubts that caused me to stop and think have not been cleared up.
"It's not a question of money or potential, it's just that something has changed over the last few years."
The 26-year-old arrived in 2005 from his first club Atalanta and has gone on to win 22 Italy caps.
Fiorentina qualified for the Champions League two years in a row in 2008 and 2009 but the last two seasons they finished outside the European places.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire