jeudi 12 mai 2011

Barrichello casts doubt on his Williams future

LONDON, May 12 (Reuters) - Brazilian Rubens Barrichello has cast doubt on his future with Williams, saying the Formula One team must raise their game if he is to stay next year.

The former champions have yet to score a point in four races this season and recently announced changes in their technical department.



"Williams must improve a lot for us to reach an agreement for next year," the 38-year-old was quoted as saying by Britain's Autosport magazine on Thursday.

"Things are standing still. It's not worth going on this way... I'm at the top of my game and I'm quite happy with that. Having said that, I need the team to start to shake up and I need to see differences," he added.

Barrichello, the most experienced driver and the only one in the sport's history to have started more than 300 grands prix, joined Williams from Brawn GP at the end of 2009.

His team mate this season is Venezuelan rookie Pastor Maldonado, whose arrival has been accompanied by significant sponsorship from his country's state oil company PDVSA.

Barrichello said Williams, who will bring in former McLaren chief designer Mike Coughlan next month while technical director Sam Michael leaves at the end of the year, needed to make changes at the top.

"We need a leader," the autosport.com website quoted the Brazilian as saying.

"Right now, it is almost like we have too many but not enough. A lot of people are trying to say something but in the end that is not the point. They need to focus on what they are doing.

"I can possibly recruit more people, look at other teams. I can. I am a top 10 guy in the paddock who has been around the longest. I know a few people and I am calling them," added the former Ferrari driver.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire