mercredi 11 mai 2011

Aussie Rules player sent off for 'dangerous haircut'

MELBOURNE, May 11 (Reuters) - An Australian Rules footballer sporting a spiky mohawk was sent off for having a dangerous haircut in a minor league match near Melbourne last weekend.
Nathan Van Someren was shown a yellow card during the third quarter of his team Simpson's game against Otway Districts in the Colac and District Football League.

"Before the game the umpire said that I could not play with my hair like that. He told me it was dangerous," Van Someren told the Geelong Advertiser.
"We all thought that he was taking the mickey out of me. A few umpires have made jokes about my hair before, so I didn't think any more of it.
"I played a bit in the first and second quarters and then I was yellow carded."
Van Someren, 25, said he had no intention of changing his hairstyle and league officials later ruled he should not have been punished.
"The Colac umpires ... have acknowledged that it was an incorrect interpretation of the rule that really refers to prohibited items," Gerard Ryan, local umpiring chief, told the Warrnambool Standard.
"Nathan has been playing for a period of years with the hair as it was on the weekend and there has never been an issue in the past."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire