jeudi 14 avril 2011

Qatar's emir promises Obama World Cup tickets

The emir of Qatar assured Barack Obama of tickets to the World Cup even though the US president will be long out of office when the Gulf country hosts the event in 2022.Emir Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani met with Obama on Thursday at the White House to discuss a host of critical issues in the Middle East. Obama took a moment to put in a special request while congratulating the emir for getting to host football's biggest event.


"I told him that I would undoubtedly be an ex-president by that point, but that I was hoping that I could still get good seats if I traveled to Doha," said Obama, whose final term would end in January 2017 if he wins re-election next year.

The emir opened his statement in Arabic but concluded with a final point in English: "I will not forget to send your tickets for the World Cup."

The monarch did not specify that Obama's tickets would be for "good" seats.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire