jeudi 28 avril 2011

Playoff loss forgotten by New Orleans-hungry Luke Donald

Luke Donald says he has already buried the disappointment of Sunday's playoff loss at The Heritage and is eager to challenge for another title at this week's New Orleans Classic.Donald was beaten by American Brandt Snedeker at the third extra hole, a defeat that
 cost the Englishman the chance to take over for the first time as world number one.
"I've already forgotten about it," third-ranked Donald told reporters at the TPC Louisiana on Wednesday. "A lot of things did go right last week. I'm playing well, I'm swinging well. I'm doing a lot of things well, so it's good to keep playing.
"I'm taking the positives from last week, but I tried to not dwell on things so much. Just learn from it and move on. I'm looking forward to another crack at trying to pick up a trophy this week."
Asked how much attention he paid to becoming world number one, the three-times PGA Tour champion replied: "It's certainly not a goal of mine.
"The goal for me is continually going through the steps to try to become a better player. When you do that, good things happen like they have this year.
"I've really had a solid start to the year, been doing a lot of things right and I've been putting in a lot of hard work," said Donald, who won the biggest title of his career at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship in February.
"Number one is just another part of that parcel. I'll continue to do what I'm doing and hopefully that will happen."
CREOLE CUISINE
Donald has never previously played in the New Orleans Classic and he looked forward to sampling some of the Creole cuisine for which the region is famous.
"I have a list of restaurants to choose from that they gave me," the 33-year-old said with a smile. "Just sampling some of today's foods, I had some great charbroiled oysters.
"Tomorrow I may go catch the New Orleans-Lakers (NBA playoff) game. So that will be probably a cheeseburger."
Snedeker, Donald's nemesis from The Heritage, is also competing here this week and he was still on a euphoric high after clinching his second PGA Tour victory just three days earlier.
"It's been a whirlwind since I left (Harbour Town) on Sunday," the 30-year-old American said ahead of Thursday's opening round. "I've had some time to sit back and reflect and realise how special Sunday was.
"The round of golf I played, to be able to beat Luke in the playoff and everything that entitled was a huge confidence boost for me moving forward.
"But now I'm here in New Orleans and I want to win again this week. I love this golf course. It's in great shape and a great week. I love being here in New Orleans. It's fun."
Apart from Donald, two other players in the world's top 10 are competing in New Orleans - fifth-ranked Northern Irishman Graeme McDowell, the U.S. Open champion, and American Steve Stricker (ninth).
American Jason Bohn defends the title he won last year by two shots with a grandstand finish that featured three birdies in the last four holes.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire