lundi 18 avril 2011

Manassero's Malaysian victory books ticket to the majors

Seventeen-year-old Matteo Manassero's Malaysian Open win has catapulted him from 57th to 33rd in the world rankings, earning him a place at this year's U.S. Open, British Open and U.S. PGA Championship.
"I just missed out on Augusta (this month's U.S. Masters) but playing the other
 three majors will be fantastic," said the Italian teenager.
"I am really proud of that and the next target will be winning another tournament and keeping the momentum going. It's a great achievement after just 11 months of professional golf."
Manassero's victory in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday was his second on the European Tour.
He became the youngest winner on the circuit when he captured the Castello Masters title in Spain in October.
Manassero turns 18 on Tuesday and is planning to mark the occasion in style.
"I couldn't imagine anything better, going back home to celebrate my 18th birthday and my second victory," he said. "It's great to be able to celebrate both together.
"I never expected it at all to have one win before I was 18 and now I've got two."  

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire