mardi 5 avril 2011

Ancelotti determined to extend his stay at Chelsea

Chelsea's Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti says he would love to extend his contract with the London club, but that he does not need to win a trophy this season.Ancelotti's Chelsea host Manchester United in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final on Wednesday.


   With Chelsea 11 points behind leaders United in the Premier League, the Champions League is their only realistic chance of silverware this season.

   But Ancelotti, whose contract expires in the summer of 2012, told Tuesday's Daily Express paper he did not feel he needed to win the Champions League to ensure he would stay on.

   "I want to stay at Chelsea and I would like to extend my contract because I love these players and this club," he said. "Obviously it is just not my decision, but I don't think they require me to win a trophy to retain my position."

   "The Champions League is a dream for this club but it cannot be an obsession.

   "It is a motivation. Chelsea deserve to win it. They lost the final (2008 against United) on penalties, lost a semi-final (2009 against Barcelona)) in the last minute, they went out with a goal that was no goal at Liverpool (in the semi-final in 2005).

   "I have told my players that we have 450 minutes of football now to win the Champions League. I believe we can do that," he said.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire