mercredi 23 mai 2012

Doyle feeling fit and fresh


Wolves striker Kevin Doyle is ready to take out his frustration on Spain, Italy and Croatia as he plots a Euro 2012 shock with the Republic of Ireland.
The 28-year-old frontman spent too much of the second half of the last Barclays Premier League season for his liking sitting on the bench as Wolves slipped out of the top flight.

But ever the optimist, he is confident that has left him fit, fresh and raring to go as Ireland prepare for an intensely difficult Group C campaign in Poland and Ukraine.
Doyle said: "I didn't play as much, especially in the second half, as I would have liked, so I will be fresh for it. That's the positive I take out of it. I'm confident about my own form, I am feeling good, I am feeling fit and fresh, mentally I am feeling fresh.
"I haven't had as near as tough a second half to the season from a physical point of view as I have had before, to be honest, because I haven't played as many games, which can only be good for me and for Ireland, hopefully, if I play because I am really hungry to do well in the summer."
Doyle admitted that in the past, he has been running on empty at the end of the season, and while the excitement of going to a major tournament would have got the adrenaline flowing anyway, he is convinced his lack of activity in recent months will serve him well.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire