jeudi 14 juillet 2011

Roberto Carlos targets Anzhi president's post

MOSCOW (AFP) - Former Brazil international Roberto Carlos has his sights set on becoming president of Russian Premiership side Anzhi Makhachkala after hanging up his boots in 2013, local press reported on Thursday.
"I'm set to play for Anzhi two more years until the end of my contract. After that I will resign and take the post of the club president," the 2002 World Cup winning defender said.
"I'm going to stay in Russia for a long time. And I'm set to transform Anzhi into a truly strong side, where plenty of my compatriots will play," Carlos added.
The 38-year-old veteran said he has already reached an agreement with powerful oil and metals magnate Suleiman Kerimov, the ambitious owner of Anzhi, about taking the top post.
Carlos in February signed a two-and-a-half year deal with the Russian top-flight outfit on a reported five-million-euro annual salary to become the league's top earner.
His arrival has helped inspire the previously marginal Dagestan team to fourth in the Russian Premier League so far this season.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire