jeudi 14 juillet 2011

Hendry takes 2 stroke lead at Indonesian Open

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP)—Defending champion Michael Hendry shot a 7-under 65 Thursday to take a 2-stroke lead after the first round of the Indonesian Open.

Hideto Tanihara (67) had been one stroke behind Hendry at the Pantai Indah Kapuk course until No. 18, but he bogeyed the 384-yard par-4.
“I don’t think the course has changed that much since last year,” Hendry said. “So I have a bit of an advantage over the rest of the field having won here last time.”
Tanihara was even with Steve Collins, Leigh McKechnie and David Bransdon. McKechnie had a hole-in-one on the 187-yard 15th.
Former Ryder Cup player Paul McGinley (74) struggled in the first round, despite his recovery from a left knee injury that hampered his play for most of the year. The Irish veteran was tied for 74th after shooting 2 over.
“I set a goal for myself this week to make sure I am in contention come Sunday,” Hendry said. “And I have made a great start.”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire