lundi 4 juillet 2011

Haye up for a rematch if Klitschko wants it

(Reuters) - Beaten British heavyweight David Haye hinted on Sunday that he could be prepared to put retirement on hold in the unlikely event of Vladimir Klitschko offering him a swift title rematch.The Londoner has said he would call it a day on his 31st birthday on
 Oct. 13 and told reporters after losing his WBA title to the Ukrainian in Hamburg on Saturday that he would make a decision in the next few weeks.
Haye blamed his unanimous points defeat on a broken toe, an excuse that led Klitschko to dismiss him as a 'sore loser', and questioned whether the Ukrainian would want to fight him when fully fit.
"Will he want to give me a rematch when I'm 100 percent fit? I don't know," he told Sky Sports News television before flying back to Britain.
"If not, then I don't know. I really don't know. I'd love him to give me a rematch.
"He said he can knock me out and I'd love him to give it a go," he added. "If he couldn't knock me out on one leg, pretty much, then how about when I'm fit?
"Great fighters in the past have lost their titles and won them back," said Haye. "I'd love the opportunity but if I get it is a whole different matter. It's up to Vladimir and his people.
"Hopefully he'll look at how much they get paid and realise that if they want another big superfight they've got to (come) back to me."
Klitschko, who now holds the WBA, IBO, IBF and WBO belts while his older brother Vitali is the WBC champion, indicated a rematch was not top of his agenda and questioned how much Haye really wanted it.
"You know what? I am in the driving seat right now," the Ukrainian told Sky. "And I will make the decision what I am going to do next, with David Haye or without David Haye, and it's a pretty good feeling.
"I am a pretty aware of my choices and what the next steps are going to be...David Haye is out of the window, he's out of the picture. He's out."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire