mardi 5 juillet 2011

Golf-Woods to miss British Open due to injury

LONDON, July 5 (Reuters) - Tiger Woods will miss this month’s British open due to injury, the former world number one said in a statement on his website on Tuesday.

“Unfortunately, I’ve been advised that I should not play in the British Open,” Woods said. “As I stated at the AT&T National, I am only going to come back when I’m 100 percent ready. I do not want to risk further injury. That’s different for me, but I’m being smarter this time. I’m very disappointed and want to express my regrets to the British Open fans.”
Woods, currently ranked 17th in the world, personally contacted Peter Dawson, chief executive of the R&A which organises the British Open, to explain his reasons for pulling out.
He has been suffering from knee and Achilles tendon injuries and missed last month’s U.S. Open.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire