jeudi 7 juillet 2011

Equatorial Guinea boss dreams of Brazil job

FRANKFURT, Germany (AFP) - Equatorial Guinea coach Marcello Frigerio admitted he would love to one day lead the national team of his native Brazil and praised the performance of his captain Anonman at the 2011 Women's World Cup.
The Brazilian-Italian coach, who took over from Jean-Paul Mpila in March, said hearing the Brazilian national anthem before the Equatorial Guinea v Brazil Group D match had a special meaning.
"When they played the Brazilian national anthem that was a special moment for me because it's the national anthem of my home country," said the 40-year-old.
Frigerio also admitted it would be a huge honour to hear the anthem as boss of the Brazilian national team.
"Of course that's the goal of everyone - to be the coach of the Brazilian national team," said Frigerio.
"I'm a coach and now I have a World Cup on my CV. And if one of these days they ask me, it might be an opportunity. But at the moment I'm not really thinking about that. This World Cup is a huge milestone in my career."
Looking back at Equatorial Guinea's first World Cup, Frigerio said he was pleased with the showing of his starlet Anonman.
"It's obvious what qualities she has. She scored two goals (the team's only two goals scored). She's an excellent player. She's a very ambitious player, very technical too."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire