vendredi 27 mai 2011

Open-Aunt Dulko ends Stosur return final hopes

PARIS, May 27 (Reuters) - Gisela Dulko, fuelled by the overnight adrenaline rush of two new family arrivals, rode a strong start to beat last year’s runner-up Samantha Stosur to reach the fourth round of the French Open on Friday.

Having sat by the phone in her hotel room into the early hours until her brother’s twins, Myla and Teo were born, the 26-year-old unseeded Argentine was still bubbling with joy when she raced to a 4-0 lead on court Philippe Chatrier before going on to win 6-4 1-6 6-3.
“The key was to start well, to be aggressive from the start,” Dulko told a press conference.
“Yesterday night I was awake really late. You know, it was very emotional, because I would have loved to be there, but I’m here.
“And I tried to do my best today, and that’s why I did this towel for them.”
“Para Myla y Teo. Valia la pena” (For Myla and Teo. It was worth it), read a towel she showed the crowd after sealing the win with a forehand winner.
“She seemed to be out ahead a little bit better and really kind of be the one dictating the points, which, for me, I’m usually the one able to do that,” said a dejected Stosur.
“Pretty much right from the first game she kind of set that tone, and it was very difficult for me to turn that around.”
Australia’s Stosur, the eighth seed, began terribly as Dulko dominated all areas without having to put in an especially sparkling display.
Stosur looked to have regained control when she hit back in to take the second set comfortably but Dulko broke to go up 4-2 in the third as her opponent racked up 35 unforced errors. The Australian joins Belgian second seed Kim Clijsters in exiting the tournament early.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire