jeudi 12 mai 2011

Mutai and Keitany to skip world championships

NAIROBI, May 12 (Reuters) - Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai, winner of the Boston Marathon in the fastest time ever recorded last month, and London Marathon winner Mary Keitany will not compete at the world championships in South Korea, they said on Thursday.



Mutai, who clocked two hours, three minutes and two seconds in Boston, a time that will not be ratified as a world record because he was aided by a tailwind on a hilly course with too much downhill, said he was not preparing for the Aug. 27 to Sept. 4 event in Daegu.

"I have not started training, and I don't think I will be ready for the (world) championships," he told Reuters by telephone from Eldoret.

Keitany said the world championship marathon was also not on her agenda.

"My manager is looking for a marathon where I can attack the world record which will be around that same period," Keitany told reporters.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire