jeudi 28 avril 2011

Motorcycling-Bautista passed fit to ride in Portugal

Spain's Alvaro Bautista has been passed fit to ride at the Portuguese Grand Prix after a medical at the Estoril circuit, his Suzuki MotoGP team said on Thursday.The team said, however, that the 26-year-old, returning just 42 days after he broke his thigh, could still
be replaced by Japanese test rider Nobuatsu Aoki should he encounter problems in Friday free practice.
"I am really pleased I have been given the ok to ride, but I must now see what it feels like to get on a MotoGP bike," said the former 125cc world champion ahead of the third race of the season.
"I have done a bit of Supermotard riding and that felt good, but that is nothing like riding the GSV-R. I will see how things go tomorrow morning and we will make a decision about the rest of the weekend after that."
Bautista suffered his injury in practice for the season-opening Qatar Grand Prix in March.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire